POSITION TITLE: Manager – Small Business and Tax Services
REPORTS TO: Accounting Department Manager
As a member of our small business/tax services team, you will be involved in the preparation, compilation, and review of financial statements for various businesses and non-profit organizations. You will also be involved in the preparation of individual, partnership, and corporate income tax returns. Opportunities for advancement including potential for ownership.
- Provide oversight in the preparation, compilation and review of financial statements.
- Preparation of complex individual, partnership and corporate income tax returns.
- Conduct client interviews in connection with the preparation of individual income tax returns.
- Assist with individual and business tax planning.
- Review client accounting records to identify potential tax and financial reporting issues.
- Make inquiries and/or perform appropriate research to resolve issues.
- Build, strengthen and maintain client relationships and ensure that client expectations are met.
- Participate in the firm’s internal quality review process.
- Ensure that engagements are timely completed and in compliance with applicable standards.
- Licensed CPA with a minimum of 5 years experience in a public accounting firm.
- Ability to master key technical concepts.
- Ability to initiate, nurture and develop relationships with prospective clients.
- Possess soft skills to effectively supervise and develop staff.
- Possess a positive attitude, strong verbal and written communication skills and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong commitment to excellence, client service, and professional growth.
- Be a team player and motivated to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Proficiency in the use of QuickBooks and tax preparation software. Proficiency in Thomson Reuters CS products is a plus.
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com