POSITION TITLE: Tax Manager
REPORTS TO: Tax Department Manager
As a member of our tax department team, you will be responsible for supervising the preparation of tax returns and services and providing clients with tax guidance regarding planning and compliance. You will be scheduling and coordinating staff workflows and maintaining client relationships. You will be increasing the firm’s profitability by identifying problems and recommending solutions and attracting new business to the firm.
- Preparation of complex individual, partnership, fiduciary, and corporate income tax returns.
- Research tax issues and current IRS changes that need to be addressed.
- Implement tax strategies to satisfy client business and tax objectives.
- Communicate with partners and junior staff members to coordinate workflow and identify potential efficiencies and service opportunities.
- Develop and mentor junior professionals, including delegation of duties.
- Prepare and attend in-house training programs.
- Attend community and professional events to promote the firm and identify new service opportunities for existing clients as well as recruit new clients.
- Build, strengthen and maintain client relationships and ensure that client expectations are met.
- Ensure that engagements are timely completed and in compliance with applicable standards.
- Licensed CPA with a minimum of 5 years experience in a public accounting firm.
- Ability to master key technical concepts.
- Training, mentoring, and supervise experience.
- Ability to initiate, nurture and develop relationships with prospective clients.
- Possess soft skills to effectively supervise and develop staff.
- Possess a positive attitude, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong commitment to excellence, client service, and professional growth.
- Be a team player and motivated to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to handle
multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Proficiency in the use of QuickBooks and tax preparation software.
- Proficiency in Thomson Reuters CS products is a plus.
WNC offers comprehensive and competitive benefits including health, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, CPA exam reimbursement, 401K retirement plan with contribution, holidays, and paid time off for vacations and illness. We also offer a flexible work schedule, a team-oriented work environment, and opportunities for advancement. For a full list of benefits, see the WNC Employee Benefits Facts Sheet.
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com